The grounds include eight-plus acres of garden and green space and include the Shelton Barn Events Center, the Shelton Carriage House Gift Shop, the HART Performing Arts Center, and Haywood’s Historic Farmers Market. A garden landscaping concept was developed in 2012 and included the following featured garden areas:
- Mother’s Day Garden and Mary Cornwell Garden, Sponsored by Waynesville Garden Club & Leigh Johnson
- Cottage Garden, Sponsored by Mountain View Garden Club
- Will & Hattie Shelton Dahlia Garden, Dale Reece
- The Serenity Garden, Sponsored by Leigh Johnson
- Heritage Garden, Developed as a Monarch Way Station by Carol Litchfield and the Waynesville Garden Club. Infrastructure Sponsored by Haywood County Master Gardeners.
- Individual Gardens (Birds & Bees Garden, Herbal Garden, Corner Garden) – Sponsored by Private Individuals
- Shelton House Garden Design Concept – Iron Tree Landscaping & Design
Explore The Property
PO Box 145
49 Shelton Street
Waynesville NC 28786
Special Events Year-round.
Museum Open July through October 2020, Thursday – Saturday, 10am-3pm. (Schedule adjusted due to Covid-19 circumstances)